Children's feet are not simply little adult's feet - they have a unique developmental pattern of their own. A check-up with a Friendly Feet Podiatrist is recommended if:
- You notice uneven shoe wear
- You notice any skin rashes, hard skin, lumps or bumps on the feet.
- Your child complains of recurrent pain in the feet or legs
- Your child is constantly tripping and falling,
- You have any other concerns about your children's feet
- Your child often ask to be picked up
- Your child walk differently to other children
Recent research has revealed that certain foot types, such as flat feet or high arched feet can predispose children to sports injuries and problems in later life. Many of these conditions can be managed using conservative treatments by our podiatrists.
We recommend that children are screened between 4 and 7 years of age in order to identify any possible issues they may have.